Re: When will amd64 be allowed in sid?

Quoting Adam Majer (adamm@galacticasoftware.com):
> Furthermore, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. Games will already
> have to run in 32-bit and 64-bit modes. For performance reasons, they
> will have to have pure 64-bit ports.

When ? How fast will they do that ? Leaving those hundereds of milions
of users with Win95/98/ME Win2k/XP behind ? I don't think it will
happen that quickly.

> But the main reason why there are few games, is that most development
> houses are bean counters (EA games is a prime example, iD is not :).
> Linux doesn't make them money, so they ignore it. If Linux had 99% of
> desktop market, no one would make games for Windows and Direct3D would
> be dead.

This is the classical chicken and egg problem, I know.
What we are doing however is to either smash the egg or
shoot the chicken if you want.

I think we make it harder for the beancounters then we have to.

Cheers
   Mike