Re: Raising severity of Contains /usr/share/info/dir.gz if rebuilt on current sid"-bugs.

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:31:03PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> I hope that everyone can agree that it should be a goal of Debian's to be
> able to build itself, and that we can move towards making that policy. Can
> someone tell me why we don't already do this - presumably there is some
> reason of expediency?

Basically just that it's already difficult enough to keep testing flowing
smoothly that adding more friction seems like a bad idea. Getting the maximum
time-to-fix of RC bugs down to a month or at most two really needs to happen
before we start doing other major things like this.

We're doing well enough at the moment that this is probably worth
reconsidering, but probably too much of that smoothness is due solely
to the impending release and won't last once sarge is out the door.

> [please cc: me]

(Please look into setting your Mail-Followup-To: header)

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004