On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:42:40 +0100, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project
Leader <leader@debian.org> wrote:
>I know that some people think ftpmaster doesn't respond to mails
>because they are evil, but in my experience, when they don't respond
>it's mostly because they are too busy.

Other people manage to at least send back a message "your mail
arrived, I am currently busy".

>Let's take a random
>example: if they spend all of their time writing the archive software,
>they don't have any time to communicate.  If you would now help them
>writing the software, they would suddenly have more time which they
>could use for other tasks, such as communication.

The archive software is complex and underdocumented. You need help to
get into it. And that help is not available, and so patches produced
would be sub-standard.

>[*] It's interesting to note that many people in the current "cabal"
>were not in the "cabal" (or even the project) three or four years ago.
>How is this possible when the "cabal" doesn't allow new members to
>join and doesn't talk to outsiders?  Matt Zimmerman joined the
>security cabal, Daniel Silverstone joined the ftpmaster cabal, Colin
>Watson joined the release cabal, I joined the NM cabal, and there are
>many other examples.  How did that happen?

The "cabal" is not all people holding delegate or officer jobs.

Greetings
Marc