* Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> [2004-07-16 14:27]:
> > "Job offers" were made, but it doesn't help when nobody volunteers.
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/05/msg00005.html
>
> Ok, one "job offer" - more than one year old.

This was one example, they're are plenty others.  In fact, an
excellent and recent example is debian-installer (d-i).  Help has been
asked for several times, but only few responded.  To give a specific
example, Joey Hess posted a mail "debian-installer help wanted" message
in which he asked for help "installation report processing"
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/01/msg00015.html).
The job was described well, and there was even a HOWTO describing how
to perform this task.  Guess how many people ended up processing
install reports?  (Also, you claim in your mail that you're not a
programmer, but there are many tasks you can do without being a
programmer or Debian developer, processing installation reports being
one of them.)

> Another example: Joey.
> But OTOH Joey *can* communicate, even if he's loaded and loaded over with

Funny, I've heard several times that Joey doesn't respond to mails
about stable releases...

> not the silent ignorance and arrogance of Troup & Murray.

... also, just to point out one thing in your communication style.
Why is it "Joey", but "Troup & Murray"?  Why not "James & Ryan"?
Maybe it's not obvious to you, but your communication style is hostile
so it's no wonder those two don't want to give you another chance and
talk to you.  (Sure, I know it's all because they started and
everything, but you're not even trying to improve the situation.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org