Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Josip Rodin wrote:
> It's simply a fact that the DFSG allows these licenses even though
> there are things in them people in Debian weren't particularly happy
> with. These precedents beg the question, why isn't treating the
> deficiencies of the new licenses the same way one of the first
> things on our agenda

For some reason, I can't quite parse the last part of your sentence.

But to address what I suspect is the point, in the process of writing
new LaTeX licenses people in Debian were involved as much as possible
in an effort to attempt to get rid of the need for the exemption in
DFSG 4. Granted, there may still be other licenses that fall under
these terms, but if you point them out, I'm sure that people will be
willing to attempt to work with upstream to correct them.

Don Armstrong

--
The beauty of the DRUNKENNESS subprogram was that you could move your
intoxication level up and down at will, instead of being caught on a

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu