On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 11:23:24PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> On Monday 23 Feb 2004 11:12 pm, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Since there are plenty of applications in progress simultaneously (and,
> > I expect, there will always be), requiring two months of work for each
> > one before thinking that two months delay for each one is reasonable
> > seems a little excessive, especially since anyone who might conceivably
> > be responsible now or in the future for creating Debian accounts is
> > always going to have a number of other tasks to do.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand that.

James is working on lots of tasks, and in particular lots of NM
applications. It only takes a relatively short time for the completion
of each one, counting the fact that he has lots of other things to do
and a Real Life, before the elapsed time for any given application is
quite long. Therefore it is out of proportion for you to ask for it to
be demonstrated that each application takes two months.

(And, as Henning says, 57 days is more than actually happens.)

> > I have lots of bugs which individually could probably be solved with a
> > few hours' work, but that doesn't mean I can solve the whole lot in a
> > few hours, or even deal with them all in short order. This doesn't
> > really say anything much about my "respect" for these bugs (whatever
> > that might mean).
>
> Bugs are not people.

Bugs are reported by people, who often ask for status updates on their
completion. Likewise, the fact that I haven't closed somebody's bug
doesn't say anything about my respect for that submitter. It's not that
dissimilar, really.

Cheers,