On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 11:02:17PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> On Monday 23 Feb 2004 8:44 pm, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > 57 days isn't that long and doesn't imply that there's a problem.
>
> Maybe it isn't that long in the scheme of things, but IMO says
> something about the respect being given to NMs. Waiting two months for
> what should realistically be a formality, seems a little excessive,
> unless of course someone can demonstrate to me there is two months
> work involved in the average application.

Since there are plenty of applications in progress simultaneously (and,
I expect, there will always be), requiring two months of work for each
one before thinking that two months delay for each one is reasonable
seems a little excessive, especially since anyone who might conceivably
be responsible now or in the future for creating Debian accounts is
always going to have a number of other tasks to do.

I have lots of bugs which individually could probably be solved with a
few hours' work, but that doesn't mean I can solve the whole lot in a
few hours, or even deal with them all in short order. This doesn't
really say anything much about my "respect" for these bugs (whatever
that might mean).

Cheers,