On Saturday 21 Feb 2004 4:59 pm, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:40:49PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> > We WILL NOT reject for:
> >  - Political opinions
>
> Err, yes we will. That's what the philosophy ("Do you agree with the
> social contract?") tests are all about. Do we really want to give people
> who think, say, "Free software is evil" the ability to vote the rest of
> us out of the project?

You seem to be having problems retaining context in your messages:

"Even these few examples are of course fraught with difficulty."

I did not explicitly mention your point, but it was what I was aluding to. It
was rather tangential to my point, so I omitted a discussion of it. Those
suggestions were mere examples also.

> If you're really interested in improving n-m, why not become an AM
> and both get some experience on the topic, and demonstrate that you're
> competent enough to have good opinions and be trusted?

Because I have really awful bandwidth and find it difficult to review even
moderately sized packages (getting better bandwidth involves moving house).

Regardless, I find your stance of "ignore all my suggestions then question my
competence and trustworthiness" to be rather unpleasant. If you don't have
anything worthwhile to add (and this message doesn't), don't bother.