On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 06:55:40PM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> > <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> > >There has been a responce of some kind, also James claims this thread
> > >wasn't the cause. I have been rejected.
> > The natural response would be to immediately cease all activities for
> > the Debian project and to withdraw all resources dedicated for Debian.
> That would be the "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" method of
> playing well with others, yes?  That's not everyone's natural response,

Well, you can argue as well that the rejection is a sign of not honoring
Goswins work for the project and that further investment of his work, time,
machines and money would be a rip off to him, because he isn't wanted in the
project, but the project itself want his resources nevertheless.

> thankfully, and I hope that Goswin doesn't take your advice, especially
> since we have no idea on what grounds he was rejected.

But, IMHO, that's a clear sign for me how the DAM acts on personal
prejustice and I'm already thinking over my personal investments in the
project as well, be it time, money or machines.
And I know that the person of the DAM is causing the same impression to
other people, as well DDs as non-DDs that are either thinking of leaving the
project or ceasing the work for the project.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/