On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 08:34:02AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Anyone can suggest things, and that's fine. The difference between
> > a suggestion and a demand is in how you behave if your request isn't
> > accepted.
> I have seen no demand here.

] This is really an unacceptable situation.
]
] I'm asking you, the DPL, to do something about it.  If the current delegates
] cannot or will not do what they need to do, *you* need to replace them.

If you think that's just a bit of friendly advice, I'd hate to see what
you think a demand is.

> I don't think that James or Ryan have any greater monopoly on what's
> right than any of the rest of us hundreds of developers, or the rest of
> the thousands or Debian users.

*shrug* Then you're entirely wrong. Maintainers have near absolute
authority over what they maintain, everyone else has almost no say. I'm
not sure how you could have been a developer so long without noticing
this.

If you really think that non-maintainers who've got no access to
the machines have a better idea of what's going on than the primary
maintainers and developers, you're crazy.

Neither of those are a monopoly, and neither are a guarantee of being
right; but that's the way to bet.

> I haven't seen any demands, nor have I seen any evidence that the people
> making "decisions" on the matter actually have.

Really? I'm just going via the subject line, which indicates there has
been a decision made. "No." is a decision, as is "Further discussion
isn't warranted.", if you hadn't noticed.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004