On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:45:05PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:51:53AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 03:18:16PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Good thing you're not a developer and thus don't get any say, then. This
> > > sort of brow-beating isn't appropriate conduct.
> > I think it is the height of hubris to presume that approved DDs have a
> > monopoly on suggesting improvements in Debian.
>
> Anyone can suggest things, and that's fine. The difference between
> a suggestion and a demand is in how you behave if your request isn't
> accepted.

I have seen no demand here.  I have seen a case made for a problem, and
offers from people to fix it, and two people in Debian have apparently
not even acknowledged those offers.  That is, the offers have been
ignored rather than refused or accepted.

I don't think that James or Ryan have any greater monopoly on what's
right than any of the rest of us hundreds of developers, or the rest of
the thousands or Debian users.

> Personally, I think it's the height of hubris to make demands of people
> who've not only volunteered copious amounts of their time and skills to
> your benefit, to then try to overrule their decision on the matter when,
> and to do all this without even being willing to agree to the principles
> of the project.

I haven't seen any demands, nor have I seen any evidence that the people
making "decisions" on the matter actually have.

-- John