On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 04:43:03AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > I don't think that James or Ryan have any greater monopoly on what's
> > right than any of the rest of us hundreds of developers, or the rest of
> > the thousands or Debian users.
>
> *shrug* Then you're entirely wrong. Maintainers have near absolute
> authority over what they maintain, everyone else has almost no say. I'm
> not sure how you could have been a developer so long without noticing
> this.

How nice of you to poke holes in an argument I *didn't make*.

I said that they have no monpoly on what's right.  That means that other
people may have correct ideas and suggestions, too.

> If you really think that non-maintainers who've got no access to
> the machines have a better idea of what's going on than the primary
> maintainers and developers, you're crazy.

I again did not say that, but the code is out there, and knowledge can
exist outside of JamesRyan.

I once again see absolutely no relevance from whether or not a person is
a developer, and until you can prove that non-developers are somehow
inferior or stupid, then you should shut up about it.

> > I haven't seen any demands, nor have I seen any evidence that the people
> > making "decisions" on the matter actually have.
>
> Really? I'm just going via the subject line, which indicates there has
> been a decision made. "No." is a decision, as is "Further discussion
> isn't warranted.", if you hadn't noticed.

I didn't write that subject line and you know that, too.

-- John