Re: [custom] Debian Enterprise - packages

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 10:58:12AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, John Goerzen wrote:
>
> > First of all.  This is obviously not a Debian projects
> I see it clearly as Debian project and can't find the rationale why
> you sais that it is _obviousely_ not.

It's not hosted on Debian machines.  Nobody designated it ats a project.
It doesn't use our BTS, it doesn't use our mailing lists, etc.  It seems
they are aiming at having their own separate repository, packages, etc.

> > And OpenOffice is the only one that runs on only two -- yes, two --
> > architectures that Debian supports.
> Which is a problem for Debian and not for Debian-Enterprise or any other
> "Custom Debian Distribution".

That's silly.  If your Custom Debian Distribution is "Fast AlphaLinux",
and you specifiy OpenOffice -- which doesn't work on that platform --
it's your problem too.

Debian Enterprise will have to support 64-bit platforms, which
OpenOffice doesn't.