Re: [custom] Debian Enterprise - packages

First of all.  This is obviously not a Debian project (since it is not
operating within the Debian framework.)  I don't see why this then
necessitates over a dozen threads on debian-devel -- AND why it gets to
call itself "Debian."  Moreover, I remain unconvinced that there is any
need to split from the regular Debian framework, especially since it
seems that all you're doing is removing choices.  (Though I admit I
killfiled the earlier threads on the topic because they were too
unwieldy)  Anyway:

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:45:51PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> * Office Suite - OpenOffice (there's no other near as feature complete)

And OpenOffice is the only one that runs on only two -- yes, two --
architectures that Debian supports.

> * Scripting Language - Python (no one will debate this one :)

If you think you can get every large enterprise worldwide to standardize
on a single scripting language -- much less get even ONE to do that --
then you will surely be nominated for several nobel prizes.

-- John