Re: MIPS port backlog, autobuilder machines and some arrogance

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:10:54AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > It also means that, if it were easy to add some redundancy,
> > it would already have happened. Which in turn means that it's hard.
>
> Again, read what I wrote, not what you imagine I wrote. Difficult isn't
> the same as impossible, and hard isn't the same as too hard.

So, basically what you're saying that it's hard, and that nobody should be
allowed to comment on it because the already delegated people are, what?
Perfect? Self-sufficient? Incapable of changing their ways?

> BTW, I can't see where I did anything of the sort. I said your post
> contributed nothing to the discussion, was unhelpful and distracting and
> wrong, and, as such, said that you hadn't contributed anything other
> than trite cliches.

I don't know about you, but I take it as an insult when someone accuses me
of not knowing anything about something[1] and tells me to shut up.

> you don't have the competence to actually work on.

And there you again. You seem rather inclined to judge other people's
competence based on, well, I've no idea on what do you base these claims on.
Plain old arrogance?

[1] which is false in the case of organizing delegated positions. I have
been doing work on various de jure delegated positions for years now. We can
very well discuss my involvement, performance and any other issue related to
any of them, but it surprises me to no end that someone would try to
entirely nullify the experience I have with this.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.