MIPS port backlog, autobuilder machines and some arrogance

As some of you know the mips port has some problems keeping up.

I´ve been told that this is caused by some toolchain and kernel problems on
mips that make the buildds running slow.

So, when watching http://m68k.bluespice.org/buildd/mips_stats over the past
weeks, it´s obvious that mips is heavily struggling on its backlog.

On m68k we usually know all of those problems as well and having many
machines always helped a lot when one machine or another failed to work
properly. So, the idea was to help themips port with additional mips
machines that can be used as buildds.

Everything went well with that machine - until we directed the request to
debian-admin to get wanna-build access for mips. The request was rejected
with the following reasons (to my knowledge):
- another machine is in the works
- we don´t need your machine
- you don´t have any knowledge about mips, so the machine wouldn´t be of any
help at all.

As a result and a sort of protest, I´ll stopped my m68k buildd, because I
don´t know m68k that much to be of any help for this port anymore. Therefore
my m68k isn´t needed anymore as my offered mips machine isn´t needed for the
mips port or the Debian project at all.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/