Re: Debian policy about "experimental" ?

Le Dimanche 21 Septembre 2003 22:52, vous avez écrit :
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:01:40PM +0200, jjluza <jjluza@yahoo.fr> was heard
to say:

> > > 	Apt supports pinning.  See man apt_preferences for more details.
> > >
> > > Simon
> >
> > Yes, I know this solution, but in fact, I asked for a solution in debian
> > policy, without needing to edit a file, what -snapshot allowed.
> > But maybe there is no other solution ?
>
>   Well, you could always make the snapshot's version larger than the
> non-snapshot version.  I think some packages use stuff like
> 1.4+cvs0.0.date. Then you get the reverse problem going from experimental
> to unstable, of course..
>
>   Daniel

Yes ! I think you give me the better solution
I thought about a solution like 1.5+pre... but I were not convinced by the
relevance of this solution.
So yours one are good : now I should decide if I put a '+' or a '.' ... wooh,
difficult to choose. I think I'll use '+'

To Daniel : I don't think there is a problem to go from experimental to
unstable since we need to use -t experimental with apt-get, when we want to
install a package in it. So the problem is cleanly solved, I think.

JJ.