Debian policy about "experimental" ?

Hi all,

I read this :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/
debian-devel-announce-200308/msg00010.html

So we should put development packages (like cvs snapshot) in experimental, not
in unstable. But there is a problem, and I don't find any solution to solve
it. For example, let's take mozilla and mozilla-snapshot packages :
- the first one has a version number (1.4) higher than the second one
(0.0....)
- the second one is obviously more recent than the first one.

The announcement tells we should get out "-snapshot" from the name of the
package, before puting it in experimental.
So there is no difference in the package name anymore.
So now, since cvs package version is 0.0.date, apt always ask for upgrading to
an older version (the stable one : 1.4 for mozilla).

I'm right, or do I make a mistake ? If I'm right, What is the solution ?