Re: default MTA for sarge

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 05:06:40PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 04:55:52PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > Because exim is relatively simple to configure, has all it's config in one
> > place, and has a (largely) human-comprehendable configuration.
>
> that description applies to postfix.
>
> postfix config is extremely simple & easy, and the configuration is definitely
> human readable.  it's all plain text and fairly close to natural language.

Bwahahaha!  Defining transports and whatnot is an exercise in frustration,
and there are definite issues with where you can hook things into (where the
hell do you attach postfix when you want the server to run spamc?)

> > Postfix, the few times I've used it, appeared to have none of these things.
>
> dunno what you were looking at but it doesn't sound like postfix at all.

<shrug>  Maybe there are sekr1t spells you can use to make postfix easy to
configure, but the lack of a decent reference manual is enough to turn me
off it, when two clicks from www.exim.org will get you the complete "here's
everything you ever wanted to know about exim" manual.

- Matt