Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 10:08:11PM -0400, Evan Prodromou wrote:

>     JWC> This is absolutely crazy!  If there's a good reason for these
>     JWC> people to be waiting this long, update their status page and
>     JWC> let them know why.
>
> So, is the New Maintainer process still desperately short of
> volunteers, as it has been traditionally?

AFAICT, the only real delay in the process is DAM approval.  Everything
else has a lot of interaction and seems to flow quite smoothly.  With
most delays being due to lack of time on the applicants part or
miscommunication (at least this is how it appears to me).  However, DAM
approval seems to be something of a black hole that you may or may not
make it out of.

The last time anyone became a maintainer TMK was around June 1st:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2003/debian-newmaint-200306/msg00000.html

--
Jamin W. Collins