Re: default MTA for sarge

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 04:55:52PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> Because exim is relatively simple to configure, has all it's config in one
> place, and has a (largely) human-comprehendable configuration.

that description applies to postfix.

postfix config is extremely simple & easy, and the configuration is definitely
human readable.  it's all plain text and fairly close to natural language.

postfix's config is all in one place (/etc/postfix/), but that's no big
surprise - debian policy requires it even when upstream doesn't.

> Postfix, the few times I've used it, appeared to have none of these things.

dunno what you were looking at but it doesn't sound like postfix at all.

craig