Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 04:44:58AM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:59:42PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> > Repetitive, largely useless to the user messages like those should
> > be removed and put in a file like SPONSORS or whatever. I would
> > NOT use any program that is going to spew out poinless stuff
> > when I do not want to see it.
>
> one could think about a ~/.reiser-motd flag file which will make sure the
> message is displayed only once. But especially the boot time stuff might be
> too risky to implement somethign like this.

But people just DO NOT read these things! They just see "This program was
supported by... BLAH BLAH... BLAH..." :)

Putting in flags anywhere is not necessary because it should go
into file like SPONSORS in /usr/share/doc/<package>. People that
are interrested can easily find it. People that do not care about
it, will not see it.

BTW, putting in these messages reminds me of those old DOS programs that
nagged everyone about seding $5 to the author...

- Adam