Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:58:08AM -0600, Ed Boraas wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> Ideally, I think, including the verbatim message in a separate file
> ("SPONSORS"?) and including a reference to that file in mkreiserfs'
> output should serve as an acceptable balance. I'm willing to reconsider
> that position, however, if the authors and/or users disagree.

Repetitive, largely useless to the user messages like those should
be removed and put in a file like SPONSORS or whatever. I would
NOT use any program that is going to spew out poinless stuff
when I do not want to see it.

Fortunatelly, I use XFS and now I have no insentive to switch
to RaiserFS - I think the upstream needs to control his ego a bit
or not release the source under GPL. Having a one or two liner message
during startup of a command line utility is fine by me. Having
5 pages of stuff is not fair to the user. Period.

The job of a maintaier is to make the software as usable to a user
as possible. This includes removing excess repetitive messages.

- Adam