Re: libpng clarification

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 02:02:22AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Q: Why don't we just say goodbye to binary-compatibility with other
> distros on those few corner cases ?
> A: I'm not against that, but some people in the project seem to be.
> Anyway, this is certainly not a move we can make without thinking.

As far as I could tell the last time I looked at RedHat they have
already switched to using libpng12 for most things. For example imlib,
I haven't looked at their gnome but with imlib using libpng12 it would
seem it would have to be using libpng12 as well. So unless I am mistaken
we are only maintaining binary-compatibility with old versions of Debian
not other distributions (or at least not RedHat).

Chris