Re: Request for Clue: i18n of fortune-esque things

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 09:35:41AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Joel Baker wrote:
>
> > larger sense, is whether there is a way to have the translations available
> > in some easily selectable format.
> I think the i18ned fortune makes this simple.

That's more or less what I was hoping - however, checking
/usr/share/doc/fortune-mod doesn't show any references to 'language', or
any obvious references to i18n or l10n, at least on stable (my chroots are
currently down due to one machine having some severe stability problems).
Is this just a more-recent-than-stable development?

> > I suppose that simply having multiple text/index files with a language
> > designation as part of the filename would work, though it feels... ugly.
> > But perhaps that's an extension for the fortune program itself, at some
> > point, to support, similar to man's breakdown...
> I'm afraid I do not understand your problem right.
>
> Kind regards

The above will probably suffice; i18ned fortune is really what I was
looking for.
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>