Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 07:39:25AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Given the choice between an email bug database with a read-only web, and a
> web-only bug database with no email interface, personally I prefer the
> former.
>
> Of course, the ideal bug database these days would have an XMLRPC
> interface and would have good email and XHTML layers on top ...

XMLRPC? gads :-(

In "the old days", someone would just "write a script". has that somehow
become less effective now that XML has been invented? :-/

> ... so who's writing it? Nobody? Then I guess the current state of
> bugfiling in Debian is not THAT painful for most people. ;-)

It IS. But no-one with the appropriate level of authority cares enough to
put the effort in to fix it, it seems.

(BTW personally, if one has to choose email or web interface, in this day
 and age, I'd chose web. Which is presumably why more people are using
 sourceforge and/or bugzilla over the debian bugtrack system)