debbugs or klickibunti (was: Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian)

* Philip Brown <phil@bolthole.com> [2003-04-02 07:50]:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 07:39:25AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>> Given the choice between an email bug database with a read-only web, and a
>> web-only bug database with no email interface, personally I prefer the
>> former.

 Fully ACK.  The former can be easily used offline/firewalled/whatever,
while the later is hard to do.  I would always choose a bts that has a
email interface against one that doesn't.  And I guess I'm not the only
one.  But that doesn't mean that there can't be a different frontend
additionally to the email frontend.

>> ... so who's writing it? Nobody? Then I guess the current state of
>> bugfiling in Debian is not THAT painful for most people. ;-)
>
> It IS. But no-one with the appropriate level of authority cares enough to
> put the effort in to fix it, it seems.

 You mean, like _you_?  There is no "appropriate level of authority"
required to send in patches, to start coding and stop complaining.
There's just "move your ass" required.  On the other hand...  Gosh,
things could be done!

 Feel free to put efforts in it, rather than putting efforts in
complaining.  That's the way things in volunteer projects work, you
know?

 Think about it.
Alfie
--