Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

Hi,

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 05:15:14 +0000, Philip Brown wrote:
> contrariwise, now that we're in the 21st century an all, it might be
> nice to support a bugtracking system that actually has a direct web
> interface, rather than a readonly web layer.

Given the choice between an email bug database with a read-only web, and a
web-only bug database with no email interface, personally I prefer the
former.

Of course, the ideal bug database these days would have an XMLRPC
interface and would have good email and XHTML layers on top ...

... so who's writing it? Nobody? Then I guess the current state of
bugfiling in Debian is not THAT painful for most people. ;-)

(Which Debian package is the BTS, anyway? Assuming that there is one)

--
Matthias