Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 09:15:14PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 06:18:07PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> > I do agree that Alioth might should have a big 'this is not the primary
> > place to report most bugs' slapped across it somewhere.
>
> contrariwise, now that we're in the 21st century an all, it might be nice
> to support a bugtracking system that actually has a direct web
> interface, rather than a readonly web layer.

I'm not even going to open that can of worms, since I'm not willing
to volunteer the time and effort it would take to rebuild the tool
infrastructure to handle it. I'm all for the concept, but not strongly
enough to invest in it. :)

> > Or even disallow public bugfiling on it, and limit it only to folks with
> > accounts.
>
> I think you mean "disallow anonymous bugfiling", which I would agree is a
> good idea.

Probably more or less what I meant, yes, as expounded upon by the second
half of the sentance.
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>