Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 11:33:52AM +0100, Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> was heard to say:
> For example, there is no chance of the NSA people giving me any notice of
> their future plans before they publically announce them, and they are
> hesitant to pre-announce changes on the list in case they are unable to
> deliver what they announce.

  I think it depends on who upstream is.  The NSA isn't exactly an
example of a typical free software developer ;-)

  Most of my packages seem to be dormant upstream these days, but I'd
say that over half the active ones notify me about upcoming releases
(usually by announcing it to a public mailing list)

  Daniel

|                  "You mean, you'll drop your rock and                       |
|                   I'll drop my sword and we'll just try to                  |
|                   kill one another like civilized people?"                  |
|                    -- "The Princess Bride"                                  |
\---- Be like the kid in the movie!  Play chess! -- http://www.uschess.org ---/