Re: Porting Xconfigurator to Debian!

hi,

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 12:22:05AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:13:18PM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > > Dunno how you feel about this, but dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
> > > works quite fine here.
> > >
> > It does kinda assume you know what you want your config file to look
> > like, asking you about drivers and so-forth.
>
> Install discover, read-edid and mdetect before you install X, and you're
> set.

it's not userfriendly? that's the whole point of it actually. and
X based GUIs are way nicer than text based GUIs.
and it's also not userfriendly to go and say "go read the package
descriptions". that's ok for advanced users, I doubt a beginner,
overwhelmed with new things, can handle that. the frustration
level is maybe a bit too high and dump debian altogether. so why
hinder ease of use? :)

so long
Othmar