Re: Porting Xconfigurator to Debian!

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 09:44:08AM +0100, Othmar Pasteka wrote:
> it's not userfriendly? that's the whole point of it actually. and
> X based GUIs are way nicer than text based GUIs.
> and it's also not userfriendly to go and say "go read the package
> descriptions".

Shure its userfriendly, but does this X Configurator also well on my 486
DX that should play my homerouter with Debian ?
Does the Dialog Setup ? -> yes it does !

Ever tried installing SuSE or RedHat with its great graphical installer
on old machines ? they suck, Debian not, and thats one of the greatest
advantage Debian has. (And one of the greatest advantages LINUX has, but
this other Distributions Destroy them cause of X only Setups.)

If i have to decide between nice graphical installer, and a nice Dialog
Setup, i will prefer the Dialg Setup !
--
greetings /*/ michael ablassmeier