Re: Package with non-free build-depends

Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr> writes:

> > > That's the wrong analogy, because images are not programs, they are data.
> > > If I wrote this email in a non-free editor, would you consider the data in
> > > the email non-free just because of that?
> >
> > On the other hand, if you change the program, you would like to change
> > the documentation along with it, yes?  And in an entirely free system,
> > doing so would either destroy the images or leave them incorrect.
> > Losing a feature just because you recompile is not the mark of a free program.
>
> What _is_ on those images, anyway? I didn't see anyone saying that
> recompiling would destroy the images or leave them incorrect.

>From the doxygen documentation:

Doxygen uses the "dot" tool to generate the following graphs:

    * if GRAPHICAL_HIERARCHY is set to YES, a graphical representation
      of the class hierarchy will be drawn, along with the textual
      one. Currently this feature is supported for HTML only.
      Warning: When you have a very large class hierarchy where many
      classes derive from a common base class, the resulting image may
      become too big to handle for some browsers.

    * if CLASS_GRAPH is set to YES, a graph will be generated for each
      documented class showing the direct and indirect inheritance
      relations. This disables the generation of the built-in class
      inheritance diagrams.

    * if INCLUDE_GRAPH is set to YES, an include dependency graph is
      generated for each documented file that includes at least one
      other file. This feature is currently supported for HTML and RTF
      only.

    * if COLLABORATION_GRAPH is set to YES, a graph is drawn for each
      documented class and struct that shows:

          o the inheritance relations with base classes.
          o the usage relations with other structs and classes
            (e.g. class A has a member variable m_a of type class B,
            then A has an arrow to B with m_a as label).

HTH,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2