Re: Fwd: Please confirm your message

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:53:56AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:22:32AM +1300, Corrin Lakeland wrote:
> > Personally I think bayesian based spam filters are a godsend.  They're a bit
> > naive in places such as being unigram or bigram based, but that'll probably
> > get fixed in version two.  And already they are still amazingly good.
>
> Are these packaged for Debian?

The CVS version of SpamAssassin has a Bayesian type component to it.
The latest CVS packages are available (and built daily by 10:00 UTC):

deb http://people.debian.org/~duncf/debian/ unstable main

Or you can wait till SpamAssassin 2.50 is released. Your call. IMHO,
Spamassassin is better than purely bayes based filters since it only
uses bayes as one component of the score, and uses many other rules to
determine the overall level of spamminess.

http://www.spamassassin.org/

--
Duncan Findlay