Re: is Debian an anarchist organization/project?

Dmitry Borodaenko wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:59:45AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
>  RC>>> When it comes to a vote only developers can vote just as only
>  RC>>> patricians voted in Rome.
>  DB>> The difference is, any individual who *wants* to, *can* become DD,
>  RC> Really?
>
> At least it worked for me, and for everyone else I know who tried. Do
> you have a counter-example of a person who applied to become a DD and
> was turned down?

The DAM has the authority to turn people down and I believe he has done
so on occasion. I don't have any names handy, sorry.

Additionally, the current DAM is known to have been sitting on
applications for up to a year or more without acting on them or even
letting people know the status of their application. At least one person
has recently, on this very list, announced the withdrawal of his
application due to frustration. This may not be exactly the same as
"turned down", but functionally speaking, it is unpleasantly similar. It
also discourages other prospective DD's from even applying; why bother
submitting an application just so some guy can sit on it indefinitely
without ever even giving you any idea what its status is?

Craig