Re: is Debian an anarchist organization/project?

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:22:51 -0800
Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org> wrote:

> I've heard some people saying that Debian is a good example of
> anarchy in action.  If it is, how does that fit in with the statement
> mimeographed below?  Maybe we aren't anarchist after all...  What should
> I tell people who ask if Debian is anarchic?
>
> Jonathan

I think the free software community as a whole is a better example of
anarchy in action.

Debian elects a minority of individuals to have power over other members.

Debian has policy.

If you can choose your slavemaster are you still a slave ?

Glenn