Re: linux for blinds

On 30 Oct 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Sébastien FRANCOIS wrote:

> You might remember me, I had asked a few months ago concerning the
> projects that existed for blinds.
> I've set up a new system based on a debian with several modes:

> This way we could have on the same cd, the possibility to give blinds a
> first try of linux, and also a 'true' debian installation.
> Our installation is currently translated into 17 languages.
>
> Let me know what you think about it,
The idea to make a system for blinds is great and I can only enforce
you to do it.

But you are going the wrong way!

Just have a deep look at Debian internal projects!
I think a good reference is my talk about it at LinuxDays Luxembourg:

      http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/talks/200210_lux_internal/

In my opinion you will avoid doubling of work if you would join our
internal projects effort.  Feel free to ask if something remains unclear
in this field.  (Please be patient because I will be offline until
4. November.)

Kind regards and good luck for your project

        Andreas.