Re: Make Debian better (Re: Two Debian 3.0 reviews at Slashdot)

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 13:57, Jérôme Marant wrote:

>   I was also thinking of provinding Debian themes for various window
>   managers (and maybe give GNOME and KDE a 'Debian touch').
>   What do you think of this?

I think that is a great idea.  There is a fair body of extant artwork;
the main thing is just to put it together into a aesthetically pleasing
whole, and actually get it into the packages.

For example, there is already a Debian GDM 2 theme:
http://art.gnome.org/show_theme.php?themeID=94&category=gdm_greeter
I also like the Debian logo background in the wmaker package.
And of course there's also this page:
http://www.linuks.mine.nu/volkany/logos.html