Debian miniconf @ linux.conf.au (was: Re: [2002-07-07] Release Status Update)

Hey ppl,

> (2) Nobody's yet organised a Debian mini-conference for linux.conf.au
>     2003 in Perth. (*gasp*!) It's relatively easy to do since most of
>     the work (organising the venue, accomodation, registrations etc) has
>     already been done as part of linux.conf.au proper, so all you need
>     to do is setup a web page and pester people into giving interesting
>     talks.

Has anyone yet undertaken this behind the scenes? I asked the main
conference organisers about it and they weren't aware of anything being
done.

Since AJ seems to be saying that it'd only take 5 mins to organise ;-)
I'd be willing to do something in this regard, but I'm located in
Melbourne not Perth so I'd probably need assistance from someone in WA
for some of the details.

[Jonathan tentatively raises hand for the job, looks around for
reactions]

If this is cool with everyone, I'll contact the main conf organisers
again and let them know something's happening.

At present I've got a paper (Work in progress: Apt-cacher) up for
inclusion in the main conference because there was no Debian miniconf,
but it's not really of much interest to non-Debian users so if someone
else is going to do something please let me know now so I can request it
be pulled from the main program. Or I could deliver it twice I suppose.

Jonathan Oxer
Ph +61 3 9723 9399 / Fx +61 3 9723 4899
GPG key: http://www.ivt.com.au/gpg/jon.oxer.gpg