Re: The New Security Build Infrastructure

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 07:33:25AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:09:59 -0500, Steve Greenland
> <steveg@moregruel.net> wrote:
> >But in this case, he's not talking about security, he's talking about
> >politics.
> Florian may be wrong here, but it is _BAD_ to construct reasons to
> explain why he is wrong out of formal sources, for example
> maintainership or number of maintained packages.

That wasn't a reason why he was wrong, more a reason why he's not
worth taking seriously on that subject. And there were two of them in
conjunction: one was that he didn't provide an alternative (and that the
obvious alternative is worse in every way), and that he's not a developer
so it's not really his job to misinterpret the social contract...

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif