Re: The New Security Build Infrastructure

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 06:12:59PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 10:04:35AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > > This is the way it is with security, it is that way for some very good
> > > reasons.
> > It's the current way with security, and this way is fundamentally
> > flawed.
>
> Life is fundamentally flawed, big deal. Do you have an alternative that
> protects our users from attacks at least as well as the current system
> does, or are you just another one of the idiots who thinks this sort of
> unproductive nonsense is "contributing" somehow?
>
> $ grep Weimer /var/lib/dpkg/available | wc
>       0       0       0

So if practice does not match policy one should change.

Hope I'm suitably endowed to voice my opinion:
jason@bart:~ $ grep "Jason Thomas" /var/lib/dpkg/available | wc
      9      36     394

--
Jason

"I hope you learn speaking English proper I hope speak I me you."
     -- Branden Robinson, 2001