Re: 88 Priority violations in woody

Previously Thomas Hood wrote:
> These are all policy violations.
> Since these are all policy violations, they are all "serious" bugs.
> Since they are all "serious" bugs, they are all RC bugs.

And you are never supposed to mass-file bugreports unless there is
a clear consensus amongst developers. In this case the only thing that
was accomplished is annoying a large number of developers with
bugreports that are policy violations but which are not severe enough to
hold up the release. I just excluded all your bugreports which the BTS
has processed so far from the release critical bug lists in order to
maintain sanity.

As the woody release comes closer you can expect a different between
bugs with a severity of serious or higher and bugs that really are
severe enough to be deemed release critical. In this case those bugs
are a policy violation, but they are not something a user will ever
notice which does not make them release critical.

Wichert.