Re: Euro symbol and XFree

Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 01:06:13PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:

> > Now my above idea is just a suggestion.  Now my opinion is that
> > it is a bad idea for xfonts-base to include all of Latin-9 fonts
> > (if you were to do it, _you_ would be blamed for Latin-1/9-centrism).
>
> I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to be blamed
> for <insert gripe here>-centrism no matter what I do.  I'm just trying
> to balance the competing needs of Debian's very diverse group of users.

How about virtual-font-package that would install proper font encodings
upon environment sets ?
For example: I'm only interested in using ISO-8859-2 fonts. For me it is
simple - all localizated apps use this encodins, those that aren't yet
use ASCII fonts. ASCII is a subset of ISO-8859-2 fonts, so I have
everything I need. Other font encodings are still available, but I don't
need them so I haven't installed them.

What do you think about such approach ? Now, with the current one, I
have two subsets of japanese fonts, korean fonts and simplyfied chinese
fonts installed and I'll never use them just because I don't know how to
read them. Not mension ISO-8859-1 and western fonts which also are
useless for me.
--
Regards,
Marek L. Kozak