Euro symbol and XFree

The problem of the euro should be seriously considered in the weeks to come
since from Jan, 1 2002 we'll all have to use it.

Is our favorite OS ready  ?

I checked my system and noticed I don't have any support for
the euro symbol (that I'm aware of) within xterm :

My key bindings are :

[eric@femto:~]$ xmodmap -pke |grep -w 26
keycode  26 = e E EuroSign cent

[eric@femto:~]$ xmodmap -pm
xmodmap:  up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x6d)
mod1        Alt_L (0x40)
mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3        Mode_switch (0x71)
mod4
mod5        Scroll_Lock (0x4e)

So what's the problem ?

BTW, the euro symbol is absent from the console too ...

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT

Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be