Re: Euro symbol and XFree

Hi,

At Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:49:33 +0200,
Marco d'Itri wrote:

> Sadly, the only X fonts with latin-9 encoding really sucks badly.
> There may be better fonts in the xfonts.*transcoded packages, but I'm
> not going to install 16 MB of fonts just for this. Maybe the latin-9
> fonts should be moved to the default font packages.

If you say this, people from various countries would require fonts
for their languages.  Then, finally, xfonts-base will grow up until
it will contain all fonts from xfonts-base-transcoded.

My idea is that xfonts-base will contain at least _one_ font from
every charset.  This will minimize the increase of the size of
xfonts-base and at the same time we can keep the equality among
languages in the world.

The problem is that what font is appropriate for the _one_ font?
IMHO, it is -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-*-*
(where *-* is charset), because it is usually used for a font named
"fixed".

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/