RE: NMUers: STOP BEING STUPID

On 23-Apr-2001 John Goerzen wrote:
> OK, I'm rather annoyed.  Recently I'm doing "squash bugs on my packages"
> and I have had already THREE that have been broken by NMUs that
> occured over the past week.

So perhaps we need to come up with some more structure for the bug parties.
Perhaps the right thing to do is have those involved create diffs of their work
and place these in a repository for some group of devels responsible for the
party to look at.  Once the patch has been approved, a NMU can happen in short
order.

This would prevent the NMUers from doing things like debhelper/debconfizing
packages without the maintainer's consent, as well as keep NMU bugs down.