Re: Why does typing "navigator" run mozilla?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 05:32:45PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Running the 'navigator' binary will communicate with a running version
> of Navigator, if one exists.  This feature has been in Navigator
> years.

yep, it's been there for years. it's mostly useful, but occasionally
annoying when you really do want to run another instance of navigator.

(the only times i want to do that is when paranoia makes me start up a
new navigator binary before connecting to my bank's https site, then
kill it afterwards. now that i'm using Galeon as my regular browser,
that's no problem - i just start up netscape whenever i need to visit an
SSL site)

i just learnt to work around it, because i'd be even more annoyed if it
started up a new binary every time.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0