Re: All of uu.net about to be banned.

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> wrote:
> If you want to do the headers thing, then you'll probably have to
> do the fixme:fixup thing from qmail's FAQ 5.5, but it's pretty
> disgusting, and you'll probably end up with all incoming mail going
> through it, which is a bit of a nightmare.

If you don't already have a rewrite program in mind, the best thing
to do is probably something like:

Create an account for relay issues, (maybe name it "relay").

Put in some kind of bounce mechanism (in .qmail-default).  See
my previous message for how to implement bouncing based on a
line in the mail message.

Then use something like this to rewrite and forward the mail:

| $HOME/bin/rewrite | forward $EXT

rewrite would probably be a perl script, but it could be anything
that cleans up the message headers.

And, of course, this whole thing (including the bounce mechanism)
could be wrapped up into a single script, but that's less modular,
and thus harder to maintain (in my opinion).

--
Raul