Re: All of uu.net about to be banned.

Some time around  Sat, 15 Aug 1998 10:44:06 EDT,
         Raul Miller wrote:
 > Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu> wrote:
 > > It affects me.  My provider's smarthost will only accept email with
 > > the right From address.  This will be extremely inconvenient for me.
 >
 > Can we set up a debian smarthost for folks like Guy?

I think this is a good idea.  IMHO, the best way to implement it would be to
only relay if there is some string in the header or in the body of the
message that will only be known to debian-private subscribers.  How hard is
this to do with qmail?   I suspect it's not trivial, but I'll look into it and
see what I can come up with.

<sigh>  I'll have to defer uu.net ban till I find a way to get the debian
smarthost going.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net