Re: upstreams maintainer conflict, was: wget: remove outdated manual page

Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:

> Here's a new man page for wget.  Basically, I just copied a bunch of
> stuff out of the info document, and then trimmed out things I felt
> were more tutorial than reference.

Which info document were you using?  You should use the 1.5.1 info,
which has a much better organized option hierarchy.  Instead of
"Basic" and "Advanced", the menu looks like this:

* URL Format::
* Option Syntax::
* Basic Startup Options::
* Logging and Input File Options::
* Download Options::
* Directory Options::
* HTTP Options::
* FTP Options::
* Recursive Retrieval Options::
* Recursive Accept/Reject Options::

This is also the way options are organized in the `--help' output.  I
believe this provides a more logical layout than the arbitrary
distinction between "basic" and "advanced" stuff.

Wget 1.5's `--help' lists all the option, not only a pageful of them
(this was a big gripe).  It lists them in a format more or less
standard for GNU utilities.  You may wish to look there for one-line
description of options.

Anyway, thanks for the effort.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia